Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Telling Our Story

Today I was talking with one of my aunts. Her and her husband over the last year have been helpful, encouraging, hopeful. Today she said it was good that we are willing to tell friends, family what we are going through or dealing with. I said yes, but sometimes it's hard to be that open, especially when you face rejection from some people. She helped me see this more clearly, she said although the rejection is hard, to not blame them, dealing with something this heavy is hard for some especially when they have big issues of their own. (Whether they're dealing with them or not). That was so clarifying for me.
My youngest brother made a statement to us, about not judging those you face opposition from. So true, sometimes in defense the mind is so quick to blame, and judge, but God calls us to bless and empathy.

Don't repay evil for evil. Don't retaliate with insults when people insult you. Instead, pay them back with a blessing. That is what God has called you to do, and he will bless you for it.
1 Peter 3:9

No comments: