Wednesday, January 12, 2011

resolve

Encouraging blogs, encouraging posts...
I read the blog Blessings and Glory, as you can see on my list on the right.

Quoting what she wrote:

"“When you talk, do not say harmful things, but say what people need—words that will help others become stronger.“ Ephesians 4:29 (NCV)

Ann writes a bit more about why our words, especially as mothers matter most:

All the words I had ever spoken, they are making my children who they are. What we speak into others, this is what they become."

I can see in reflection times I've messed this one up and the implications of it. What a prayer for a New Year. I pray it for me too, to my husband, to my son, to all whom I encounter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hoping you and your family are having a great New Year. Caden is sure a cutie! Praying for you, for all of us, that our words as wives and mothers be words of encouragement and strength...

Libby

quinnandlyla said...

Libby, thank you and great to hear from you. The sentence that struck me in your post from yesterday, was how you realized satan was pushing you into inaction. That is so true how he works that way. Once we recognize its him and not the Lord asking us to do something, we can then look at all the things we are doing to serve, you devoting your time wholly to be at home and love and raise your 3 boys and 1 with Down Syndrome. That is true serving in itself on top of all you are doing to raise awareness of DS. I pray you will be blessed in your ministry and in your family. Press on! And thank you for your blog, it encourages me and challenges me. I don't know what our future holds in terms of children, but it certainly makes me think (and bug my husband ;). Your blog has also helped me relate to what my Grandmother went thru and felt 30 yrs ago when they were blessed with Gerald (DS) and now as I am a Mother, seems there is more to talk about with her! thank you.