Monday, November 29, 2010

morning conversations

So much on my mind and things God lays on my heart. This morning as I do other mornings, I ask God to be with me this day, to help me throughout the day with the boys, for patience, wisdom in teaching them and for love and compassion to come from me. God gives so much on those days I ask for help. I notice such a huge difference in my actions, reactions on these days. Days I forget to pray in the morning, those days throughout the day are harder, noticeably harder. Why don't we trust sometimes? Why do we try to do it on our own? Why do we think we're more able than God, the creator and sustainer?

I think I've talked about this topic before. Not that God magically makes your day a cake-walk, no whining, the kids just magically share their toys :), nope, that's not the lesson here, but He certainly gives me patience when I need it, wisdom to make the right decision, moments in the day to just treasure.

Quinn's best man said at our wedding for Quinn to daily pray for his wife...likewise I try to daily pray for my husband. Quinn provides for the family, I'm thankful for the job God's given Quinn that he can do so and I pray that God helps him carry out his work there.

Psalm 119
145 I call with all my heart; answer me, LORD,
and I will obey your decrees.
146 I call out to you; save me
and I will keep your statutes.
147 I rise before dawn and cry for help;
I have put my hope in your word.

148 My eyes stay open through the watches of the night,
that I may meditate on your promises.
149 Hear my voice in accordance with your love;
preserve my life, LORD, according to your laws.
150 Those who devise wicked schemes are near,
but they are far from your law.
151 Yet you are near, LORD,
and all your commands are true.
152 Long ago I learned from your statutes
that you established them to last forever.

No comments: