Sunday, June 6, 2010

Day 6

(Caution: post not for weak stomachs)

The flu has invaded our space and taken us captive, but we haven't stopped fighting it, it's going to get kicked to the curb very, very soon.

Caden was first to get it, it's been an eventful week with him. He's been in very good spirits throughout it, I must say. I've made 2 calls in the last week to HealthLinks, he has a nice little file with them :). Caden had a little fever for Thursday morning. The nurses are great there, they lovingly told me, that when babies have viral "flu", diarrhea can last 5 to 14 days, yes, I did not give you a typo with those numbers. So, here we are on Day 6. Like I said, he does well through it, considering he's had probably 100 diaper changes in 7 days (the frequent BM's started 7 days ago). Grandma B has been here a bit on diaper duty as well, which was an even greater relief when I got the flu. Changing very smelly diapers when you are nauseous is not much fun either. (gulp)

I think I am nearly over it, still a little stomach upset, Quinn is over it now - he was second to get it. Caden is almost there except for the BM's...oh Lord, please!!!

I wish I knew how much Caden weighed before flu and after, I think he has lost a bit of weight. We've been trying to stick to the BRAT concept, Bananas, Rice cereal, Applesauce, Toast - supposedly good for diarrhea infants. I tried to give him Whole milk plain yogourt yesterday, it didn't go over well, it came up. At least he's still BFeeding really well.

appreciate your prayers throughout the week friends.

Today we are off to celebrate Mom Zach's 50th Birthday!! YAY!

(praying for you Sonya, I know you're in a little more tiring situation than we have here :)

No comments: