Tuesday, February 10, 2015

2 years later

Hello,

Wow 2 years since last blog post!

That's sad...nah, that's not sad, much sadder things in the world.

On a good note, I went from grumpy to grateful in less than 2 hours today.
All it takes is some coffee, Holy Spirit reminding me to look beyond my present circumstances, and 45 minutes of prayer time with some wise ladies in our church. That was a great time, Thanks God.

Life:
The children are well, sniffles (again), nothing unusual for this time of year. Caden likes what he is learning with numbers and letters, spelling out words with our help, and being as rambunctious as possible in the middle of winter. "Please tickle me", "Grace, grab a sword to fight me!"
Grace is way past baby stage, she should already be 3, but she won't be until April 30, in fact she should be in preschool, but not until Sept. She's so vocal, likes people, loves her brother, likes her nap, and loves babies, fake or real.
Quinn is still working away, of course there are daily struggles for him, lately I think, it's kinda like being sick all the time...that helps me imagine what it might be like for him...just not physically but in the mind. God continues His work in both our lives.
The last 2 years I have been learning a lot. There has been a lot of repenting on my part. I will learn and am learning more and more about grace, empathy, unconditional love, compassion, helping not enabling, pray, Holy Spirit.

"During a British conference on comparative religions, experts from around the world were discussing whether any one belief was unique to the Christian faith. They began eliminating possibilities. Incarnation? Other religions had different versions of gods appearing in human form. Resurrection? Again, other religions had accounts of return from death. The debate went on for some time, until C. S. Lewis wandered into the room. “What’s the rumpus about?” he asked, and heard in reply that his colleagues were discussing Christianity’s unique contribution among world religions. In his forthright manner, Lewis responded, “Oh, that’s easy. It’s grace.”

It's grace. I mentioned to one individual last week, when one suffers from mental illness and I do not, it's not because I have done any one thing right, it's grace. And in that grace, there is grace to be given to those suffering. There is nothing I deserve or have a right to. Life is a privilege and every good thing comes from the Father. So I should not squander the liberties that I am given without mental illness nor reduce or ignore the battle raging in another. There is thanks to be given in every circumstance, although my struggle the last year has been giving thanks, living thankfully.  Rather resorting to anger. By His grace, I see the Lord helping me out, providing me a way out of anger, found by Him rescuing me and telling me to go to Him when circumstances want to take me to anger.

But I know so very little...

No comments: