Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Scrapbooking...ugh!


Scrapbooking...I despise it! Yes, I said it. I haven't been to one of those parties in years, thankfully I haven't been invited lately, so I haven't had to come up with excuses for it either. (With no offences to those of you who enjoy it, its just. not. my. thing.).

I like pictures immensely.

Which leaves me with a problem...I want to store my pictures with captions, but there is no way I'm going the scrapbooking route.

I think I need to visit some photo stores and maybe a craft store, just to see what kinds of albums are out there that will allow me to caption. Does anyone have any other unique ideas? I can't be the only one that doesn't enjoy it...??

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

You better hope Sonya doesn't read this, she's going to pummel you!

Sonya said...

Ha ha! I hate it sometimes too. But love it way more. :)
You might want to try creative memories PicFolio albums. Big pages with sleeves to slide pictures in. And you can create your own little title to slide or just buy the little papers to put in. Try this link: http://www.creativememories.ca/MainMenu/Our-products-and-services/Traditional-Scrapbooking/Albums/PicFolio%e2%84%a2-Albums/PicFolio%e2%84%a2-Milestones/PicFolio%e2%84%a2-Milestones-Album-Cream-11x14

Something about having a baby makes it seem more important to "do" something with your pictures. At least I find. :)

Q&L said...

Thanks Sonya, that album looks kinda neat...can you buy it at Michaels? Maybe a version of it?
I know, I didn't mean to offend anyone, (as mentioned) :) ...just my preference.

Heather said...

I went through a scrapbooking phase too but it's so much work to display just one or two pictures on a page. Kinda a waste of paper if you ask me.... I wonder what we will think when we are looking back in 20 yrs.from now!? Probably,what were we thinking gluing and decorating all this crap on here!!??

I'm with you, Lyla!